Coronavirus-related tech layoffs continue to pile up this week, particularly in real estate and travel. Check out our Layoffs Tracker for a comprehensive, real-time report. If you’ve seen a layoff spreadsheet for any of these companies, please let us know!
- Sonder, which offers short-term apartment rentals, laid off or furloughed 400 employees. Bookings are down 20% at the company’s 5,000 apartments.
- 🌎 San Francisco ∙ 👩💼 400 employees (33%) ∙ 🔗The Real Deal
- Zeus Living, which rents out furnished apartments on a monthly basis to business travelers, laid off 80 employees.
- 🌎 San Francisco ∙ 👩💼 80 employees (30%) ∙ 🔗Crunchbase News
- The Guild, which offers short-term stays at luxury apartments, laid off 38 employees.
- 🌎 Austin ∙ 👩💼 38 employees (22%) ∙ 🔗Austin Inno
- TripActions, whose software helps companies manage corporate travel, laid off 300 workers. The layoffs primarily affected customer support, recruiting, and sales. Employees were notified of the layoff via a group Zoom call.
- 🌎 Palo Alto ∙ 👩💼 300 employees (25%) ∙ 🔗TechCrunch
- Cabin, a luxury sleeper-bus service, laid off an unknown (but likely small) number of employees.
- 🌎 San Francisco ∙ 👩💼 Unknown # affected ∙ 🔗The Information
- Leafly, an online resource on cannabis, laid off 91 employees.
- 🌎 Seattle ∙ 👩💼 91 employees (50%) ∙ 🔗GeekWire
- Foodsby, which delivers restaurant food to office buildings, laid off 80 people. Demand is down since restaurants are closing and customers are no longer going into the office.
- 🌎Minneapolis ∙ 👩💼 80 employees (67%) ∙ 🔗Minne Inno
- Rangle, a development agency, initiated a temporary layoff for 78 staffers. Rangle’s clients are paring back spending due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- 🌎 Toronto ∙ 👩💼 78 employees (30%) ∙ 🔗BetaKit
- OutboundEngine, which creates marketing software for small businesses, laid off 52 employees.
- 🌎 Austin ∙ 👩💼 52 employees (28%) ∙ 🔗BizJournals
- Wonderschool, which helps people start their own in-home preschools or daycares, laid off 50 employees. Shelter-in-place orders means that parents are keeping their kids at home.
- 🌎 San Francisco ∙ 👩💼 50 employees (75%) ∙ 🔗EdSurge
- SpotHero, an app that helps people find parking spots, laid off an unknown number of employees. Urban parking isn’t a problem when people are staying at home.
- 🌎 Chicago ∙ 👩💼 Unknown # affected ∙ 🔗Chicago Inno
- Eight Sleep, an online mattress retailer, laid off 20% of staff.
- 🌎 New York City ∙ 👩💼 20% of staff∙ 🔗The Information