The first wave of tech layoffs due to the coronavirus pandemic have hit startups that facilitate physical space like homes and offices. Check out our Layoffs Tracker for a comprehensive, real-time report.
- Compass, the real estate brokerage, laid off 375 staffers. It has seen showings drop by 60% as people stay home during the pandemic.
- 🌎 New York City ∙ 👩💼 375 employees (15%) ∙ 🔗The Real Deal
- Convene, which provides flexible office space, laid off 150 people, citing fallout from the coronavirus.
- 🌎 New York City ∙ 👩💼 150 employees (18%) ∙ 🔗Commercial Observer
- Remote Year, which facilitates remote work while traveling abroad, laid off 50 employees. Travel has been severely disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- 🌎 Chicago ∙ 👩💼 50 employees (50%) ∙ 🔗TechCrunch
- Yonder, which helps identify disinformation online using AI, laid off 18 employees to increase runway.
- 🌎 Austin ∙ 👩💼 18 employees ∙ 🔗Austin Inno
If you’ve seen a layoff spreadsheet for any of these companies, please let us know!